Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - How to play Deathwing 7th Edition Tactica.
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-30-15, 01:49 AM
ntaw

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormxlr View Post
we got what we got lets make the best of it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormxlr View Post
I will probably just keep on using 6th ed rules for Deathwing
You seem juxtaposed against yourself here my friend

Seems like DW as a solo force simply doesn't exist anymore. We can add in whatever we want through allies or take Raven/Greenwing, but we're still putting something other than terminators on the table where before we didn't.

It's time for a reevaluation of what we consider a fluffy DW army is, much like when BA lost assault marines as troops. Initially taking tactical marines really didn't feel right but the more games I put in the more I liked having them in my lists, and really even in the old book the companies all had more tactical than assault squads. I feel like this initial hurt is crummy, but DW always needed something more than terminators and land raiders to be a 'competitive' (said loosely because how truly competitive can they be when GK are what they are) force on the battlefield.

I don't want to buy bikes for my army either (and won't, just like I won't buy tomb blades for my 'crons...barring the most insane of deals maybe....), but I will be allying in Guard tanks or BA drop pods to give myself a T1 presence for the DW to show up later. At least the squad points drop gives us a bit more wiggle room for allies. Can't think of a time when I played DW at less than 1500 points, but my 21 terminators sit at 1130 points as modeled and leave me with a bit of space to get stuff on-table....like a couple hidden Assassins and a servo-skull wielding Inquisitor. At 2k 870 points spent on anything should be able to survive a turn.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome