Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - How do the Adeptus Mechanicus (as individuals) gain their bionics?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-08-15, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Grokfog

Grokfog's Flag is: England

Default How do the Adeptus Mechanicus (as individuals) gain their bionics?

This thought just struck me, how do they gain their implants?

Is it perhaps a case of buying them? Are there shops on Mars and other forgeworlds with signs touting two-for-one stomach implants and discount eyes? Is there a martian street vendor called Vivisect My Own Trachea Dibbletron4B wandering around with a tray of tin foil wrapped peglegs and VCR tape "Memory Units"?

Or do they get given them upon reaching a new level of understanding? "You have completed the Ancient and Holy Haynes Manuals primer, now come with us, we're going to implant a claw hammer in the bridge of your nose"

Or possibly, do they just build them themselves in their spare time between making lasgun power packs and get Bob the blind servitor to weld them on?

In all seriousness, I don't think I've ever seen it explained. We know they get them, and the more they get the higher ranked they must be, but I just don't remember the Mechanics (har har) of the process being explained.

Anyone able to shed some light on this?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome