Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Space marines confirmed next
View Single Post
post #156 of (permalink) Old 06-05-15, 08:49 PM
ntaw

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achaylus72 View Post
This is good news as far as my Chaos Army is concerned, now they get Anti-Gravitiaion Cannons, means I have to expand the army by three more tac squads.

Love putting Space Marine clobber into my Chaos Army and its legal to boot.
Soooooo....you play at least a portion of your Chaos army proxied out of the Space Marine Codex? I know there's a lot of people out there that do this sort of stuff, I've just never been attracted to the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
There was no good reason to give them free transports in the previous book, IMO.
In the previous book they came stock with jump packs in their points cost, in a 10 man squad that's almost the cost of a Rhino/Drop Pod and they're losing their ability to assault the turn they hit the table; a warranted 'free' trade. I like that it's an option here for packs. Don't get me wrong I love and abuse this just a touch because it's what we were left with in the new Codex for ASM, but a 5 man BA Assault squad in a Drop Pod with two meltaguns and a combi-melta is 115 points. If packs were a separate cost like in the new rules handout here, the same squad would be 135. This 'points savings' grows to 30 with our more expensive Fast Rhinos, though we're no longer allowed to swap Razorbacks.

A nice little nudge toward making BA assault marines ever so slightly better than their vanilla counterparts, and a change I would (maybe a little grudgingly) accept across the board for all marine books.

EDIT: just noticed this

....who told them this cherub thing was a good idea?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 06-05-15 at 09:56 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome