Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Slaves of the Blood God
View Single Post
post #192 of (permalink) Old 06-05-15, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
venomlust
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

I'd prefer a more subdued, slightly less brilliant brass coloration than gold. I suppose the difference is subtle.

I'm not sure at this point if I want them to be wearing well maintained, beautiful brass armor or some that has been tarnished by their time in the warp/harsh atmospheres of daemon worlds and such.

As for my problems with the drybrushing, I find that the transitions aren't really evident. Maybe I'm just layering too much paint on top of the previous color. And then, when I start edge highlighting, it sort of looks out of place on a model that has otherwise been painted with drybrushing. The GW scheme is to add a final layer of boltgun metal or other silver color. I'm going to try that just to see how it looks, but then I'm going to try the scheme I described at the end of the last post.

*edit*

Just doing some research into painting techniques, and I'm finding this guy VERY informative: http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/20...lic-metal.html

Great blog.

*edit2*

Just picked up a 4th Rhino for my new CSM squads from @bitsandkits ! Not a bad deal at all.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 06-05-15 at 05:10 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome