Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Slaves of the Blood God
View Single Post
post #190 of (permalink) Old 06-05-15, 01:39 PM
Kreuger
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Yeah, I'm not really sold on them either. The main thing I don't like, is the vallejo brass or bronze. I find all of it far too yellow for my tastes. The contrast is especially stark between the shaded areas and the brass/gold highlights.

And even though Khorne's throne and all of his toys are made of brass, I have always used the old GW dwarf bronze as my trim color of choice. It's warmer and more red. It looks less chintzy.

I also have miniatures in a similar color scheme. Mine are essentially a dark bronze like warplock, but without the nihilakh oxide.

Let's stop for a moment and reconsider. What do you want them to look like? All of these tests are sort of going in the same direction, "gold terminators." And you don't seem satisfied with them. So what quality aren't you achieving here?

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome