Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Flakk Missiles, yay or nay?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-05-15, 05:10 PM
ntaw

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Flakk missiles have only been a worthwhile investment in conjunction with an Quad Gun in my Imperial Fist army (I do this because it's all I own for anti air in this army). Tank Hunter is all the rage when it comes to S7 taking on AV12 fliers (pretty much the only AV on a Flier I face) plus 8 shots is usually enough of a deterrent that I can somewhat anticipate the movements of enemy FMCs.

In any other instance I have used them, which includes in other SM based armies and with my Guard, they have been a miserable waste of points. Fliers kill other Fliers better if there's a lot to deal with, and both SM and AM armies have better or equal anti-air from tanks in their Codex (or from FW) without even bringing Fortifications into it. In games up to 1500 points I pretty much ignore Fliers unless I know I'm facing a bunch of them and past that I play my own.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome