Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Khorne Daemonkin Codex Lore
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 04-21-15, 09:01 PM
SonOfStan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over Two Meters Tall! View Post
I think it's in Horus Rising, pre-Davin, that the Luna Wolves come across what otherwise looks like a well-ordered planet that's all for integration with the Imperial Truth. Until, that is, they have to give up their annual celebration where thousands are marched into the underground Chaos-infused chamber of death. Otherwise, the society looks pretty hunky-dory.
Exactly. And when you think about it, it's not all that different from getting wiped out by Exterminatus every now and then, or getting caught up in anti-mutant riots or witch hunts in your Imperial hive.

In every society, there has to be a paper pushing pencil-neck. Chaos societies are no different. I'd imagine that it'd even be possible to worship Chaos without a lot of the more obvious negative aspects (insanity, human sacrifice, etc) if you established certain "Ground rules."

"In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war, an eternity of slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods. I'm telling you man, this is a really shitty time to be alive." -Primarch Stan Wolkowski, Sons of Stan

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome