Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Good shows cancelled too early.
View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 03-27-15, 12:22 PM
bitsandkits
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uveron View Post
It would not have surprised me if they somehow worked out how to pull the plug on this later this year when they had to sort out contracts with the 'stars' again.

Yes it made allot of money, but it wasn't a cheep show to make. And viewership was falling.. Also ending it before 'its time' keeps a element of value to the brand that they will be able to milk for a many years without the cost of making new episodes.

I was supprised it happened, but I was expecting it to end in 2011...
yup the viewing numbers have dipped but i think thats pretty much happened across the board for the BBC, TV is becoming less relevant particularly for the "watched when broadcast" viewing numbers, but as a package Top Gear generates a huge amount of income for the BBC, far more than the cost to produce the show, im sure the reruns on Dave will obviously bring in some revenue in the year to come, but i simply dont see how the brand will carry on, without the three "stars" i wont watch it next year if it comes back, i dont watch it for the car reviews, other than the colourful way they like to review a super car that i can never afford, i watch it for the banter and comedy between three friends and the crazy car based challenges, with that chemistry gone its just gonna be fifth gear...

im just annoyed, my anger should be focused towards Clarkson really as if the stories are to be believed he is directly to blame for his own sacking, but as someone who has had to manage people in the past and sack them, i know that it is possible to work out these situations between two work mates and get past them,without it being a white wash or a cover up, it does just feel like the BBC have looked for a way to reduce the cost of the show or maybe remove it altogether.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome