Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Army Painting Challenge - March 2015.
View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 03-20-15, 10:58 PM
R_Squared

R_Squared's Flag is: England

^^^ I quite like them TBH, although the focus is a bit off for some of them. Maybe take a couple of picture with only two or three models at a time so we can get a good look at the detail?

I finished up my Battlewagon tonight. I've been trying out new paints and new techniques galore recently, and I wanted to avoid a "clean" look on this vehicle. Gone for a clanky rustbucket. I've got some Mek Guns, and Killa Kans to get around to, and I'm going to revisit my Trukk too.
Adding Rust and grime is really effective, and pretty straightforward. Obviously I've gone a bit overboard here, but I was really enjoying the way the effect works and got a bit carried away.
Still, it was fun to paint.

I forgot to add, I left it modular, so that I can configure it however I want for any game. I wasn't going to bother with the 'Ard case at first, and quite like having the Kannon over the cab, but thought I do it all anyway, and keep my options open.
The Kaptin and the blanking plate have a tendency to fall out though, which is annoying. I may have to weigh them down somehow. Anyone got any tips?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battlewagon01.JPG (646.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Battlewagon02.JPG (809.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Battlewagon03.JPG (667.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Battlewagon04.JPG (796.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Battlewagon05.JPG (792.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Battlewagon06.JPG (853.4 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by R_Squared; 03-20-15 at 11:19 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome