Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - GW finally getting it right?
View Single Post
post #162 of (permalink) Old 03-07-15, 08:04 AM
fatmantis

fatmantis's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosRedCorsairLord View Post
Sorry, but that's a pretty lame excuse. Whether GW is a games or miniature company is irrelevant; the fact is they sell their rules for a price. It would be different if the 40k rules were something GW made available for free, however that's not the case. The 40k rules are a product that GW sells to us, they don't get to make and sell a substandard product without copping a bit of flak for it. They've written good rules in the past, so I don't see why they aren't able to do it again. I suspect the disregard for the game's rules and balance is due to the upper management being mostly made up of non-gamers, who fail to understand the benefits of spending resources to make sure the game's rules are simple, well written, and balanced.

Also I find it hilarious that you're blaming the "childish..spoilt or just whinny" fans. Of all the other game systems I play, I am yet to see any of them suffer from the utter vitriol that is directed at GW. Don't get me wrong, there are still little complaints and nitpicks, but nothing compared to what GW faces. Now you have to ask yourself, who is really to blame here? Is it just that fans love to hate on GW, or is it that for years GW has constantly upset and alienated it's fan base, whilst showing a complete disregard for fixing a poorly balanced ruleset?

In summary; I disagree.
its not an excuse its their company statement..

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome