Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Necrons 7th Edition - Decursions and shenanigans!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-03-15, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
The Sturk

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

Default Necrons 7th Edition - Decursions and shenanigans!

Alright, with the new codex abound, I am going to make this a hub thread about the various ideas I come up with in regards to the new Necrons.

The first will be my take on a Decursion Detachment.

Necrons - 1500 Decursion.

Core- 662
Overlord - Warscythe
Warriors - x10
Warriors - x10
Immortals - x10 - Tesla
Tomb Blades - x6 - Shield Vanes and Nebuloscobes - Gauss Blaster/Tesla Carbines

Annihilation Nexus - 410
Doomsday Ark
Annihilation Barge
Annihilation Barge

Deathmarks - x6

Deathbringer Flight - 320
Doom Scythe
Doom Scythe

Warriors and Immortals take and hold objectives. The Overlord will sit in the Immortal unit. Tomb Blades will zip around, harass and claim far off objectives (especially for Maelstrom missions).

Deathmarks will either target high priority models (Warlord/Monsterous creature) or counter drop plays with Ethereal Interception, as I feel the Doomsday Ark would be a target for Melta-cide marines.

Speaking of which, the Doomsday Ark will obliterate armor and blobs of infantry (preferably those nasty termies). Annhilation Barges will do what they do best. Deathbringer flight will control the skies and target higher armor like Landraiders or Leman Russes.

I will periodically post some other lists, some of which will be more Decursions (that +1 RP and Living Metal boost is amazing!). And others will be standard FOC with some shenanigans mixed in.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome