Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - 1k Vanilla
Thread: 1k Vanilla
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-02-15, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
NathanJD

NathanJD's Flag is: USA

Default 1k Vanilla

I've been trying hard to make a battle-forged CSM list work at low point levels. But it's... difficult so I'm looking to share my progress and solicit advice. I wish to make actual Chaos Marines(Troops) work as well, so no cultists. I know this puts a ceiling on the list, but I don't mind. This is my latest iteration.

# HQ
Sorcerer: bike, spell familiar, force sword, bolt pistol, burning brand, melta bombs - 130
Rides with the flamer bikes and rolls telepathy for infantry hunting and support. The burning brand is brilliant vs Dark Eldar.

# Troops
5 Marines: plasma gun, bolters, bolt pistols, ccws, champion w/ melta bombs - 103
Rhino: havoc launcher - 47

5 Marines: plasma gun, bolters, bolt pistols, ccws - 98
Rhino: havoc launcher - 47
Takes midfield objectives, providing the bikes a wall with their rhinos.

# Fast Attack
3 Bikes: 2 flamers, champion w/ melta bombs - 85

3 Bikes: 2 melta guns, champion w/ melta bombs - 95
Small hunting units. Turbo boost for maelstrom objectives.

# Heavy Support
Maulerfiend - 125
Probably the first to die, but at least it draws fire from my rhinos.

Sicaran - 135

Predator: lascannons - 135
The tanks are my backfield objective holders and long range anti-tank.

I've learned that enough anti-tank and anti-MC are hardest to fit in. And that taking anything but 5 man troop units is wasteful. It just means more models get swept when the unit inevitably gets into combat. It will be swept because it will rarely be in combat against something of its own choice. I've also been trying the melta gun with not much success. I find the unit rarely make it into combat range to use the melta. Most the time it's just 24" bolter fire that gets used. I am hoping plasma will buff this fire support role that they usually end up playing. Especially vs MCs.

Anti-flier has been pretty rough as well, the Sicaran can only do so much vs av12. Not sure what to do about that though.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome