Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Constantly disappointed in BL
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-03-15, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
nestersan

nestersan's Flag is: Jamaica

Default Constantly disappointed in BL

That's a bit of hyperbole, but dammit.

While there are good mythology books in the HH series, like Angron's and Fulgrim's ascendance to Daemonhood, the VAST majority seem more like "Raiders of the Lost Arc", where the book blurb promises an intriguing story of relevance, but if the characters the books talks about never existed, nothing would have actually changed.

I just finished Kharn: Eater of Worlds, and I don't care if I get banned for this, but I swear to god if I see the author I am gonna punch him in the teeth.

If you read the wiki from ANY Warhammer 40k website, there is no need to read the book. No character in the book is of any relevance, the story ends right at the start of the battle of Skalathrax, and nothing said or done by any character (like the humans who no one cares about, or the interchangeable, forgettable World Eaters) has any bearing since they all die or get fragmented in the battle the book avoids talking about.

Yes, I am pissed about it.

It's like I read the whole book, filled with mindless drivel and silly conversation from humans and legionaries complaining about who should lead and blah blah, and near the last 4 pages Kharn wakes up, and with a SMALL group of WE they meet the Emperor's Children on the surface and a single WE captain starts the fight, then the book ends after that initial skirmish. With the VAST majority of the WE and EC fleets still in orbit above and the actual fight still to come.

" In this story, you can witness his transition from the Captain of the World Eaters Eighth Company who stood against the Emperor during the Horus Heresy, to the Blood-mad betrayer that he becomes."

FUCKING LIE....

Kharn wakes up at the 95% mark and talks to one dude, talks to the EC leader, tells the legion to fight on Skalathrax and the book ends after his speech.

: angry:

ps. Dear Author, stick to writing Word Bearers man....

'Death is nothing compared to vindication.'

Let them HATE, so long as they fear.
The Imperium is as a gargantuan creature, dying slowly and in great pain, too massive to realise it is as yet a lumbering corpse.

Last edited by nestersan; 01-03-15 at 12:23 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome