Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Renegades and heretics 1500
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-17-14, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
neferhet

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

mmh, thanks guys.
Some issues: first, i only owe 3 chimeras, so i'm limited to those.
then, removing the quadlaunchers...i fear that this would leave me uncovered against hordes (greentide comes to mind)?? But i like the flamer chimera idea.
Then, plague zombies...the renegades are already fearless and being zombies they would lose reroll to hit (no khorne),a meltabomb guy and 1 attack each, not to mention the slow and purposeful and Init 2. I know...4+ FnP...mmh.
Also about chimeras, we tend to play with lots of terrain and ruins, so, putting Vets in chimeras would hinder their ability to hide and infiltrate 12" from the enemy. Better use those vehicles to protect the platoon.
Not convinced but willing to give it a try. Let's write it down and see how it feels.

Renegade command squad
Lascannon
Meltabombs on Heretic
Nurgle covenant on Heretic
(80)

33 Plague Zombies
(99)

Platoon "Soilent Green"

Squad I
10 Renegades
Militia training
2 plasmaguns
Chimera (Multilaser + Heavy Flamer)
(125)

Squad II
10 Renegades
Militia training
2 plasmaguns
(125)

Squad III
10 Renegades
Militia training
2 plasmaguns
(125)

Veteran Squad "Cannibal Corpses"
5 Veterans
Meltagun
Scouts
(60)

Veteran Squad "Nuclear Deaths"
5 Veterans
Meltagun
Scouts
(60)

2 Medusa Artillery Tank
Breacher shells
(220)

4 Heavy Weapon Squads
all Lascannons
Militia Training
(105)

Baneblade "Iron Duke"
Militia Training
(500)

-To fit 3 chimeras i had to remove 2 lascannons teams, (but that's ok) and the quadlaunchers (and this hurts my feelings). Now i have a whole lot of bodies that aint going nowere, wrapping the baneblade and 3 infantry units more easily redeployed and safely shooting plasma from the hatch. I put multilasers on chimeras to add some emergency antivehicle/antiair to the lot. Also, if it hits, it will hurt more than heavy bolter.
Might be ok.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome