Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - 4 Riptides in a 1K Tournament
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-14-14, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
HokieHWT

HokieHWT's Flag is: USA

Default 4 Riptides in a 1K Tournament

Played in the monthly 1K at my local store today and got tabled by someone playing 4 riptides in turn 6. I ran two Knights, one 5 man tac squad with a librarian and another in a drop pod with a multimelta. My opponent put one riptide, with 6 haywire shots plus D3 strength 8 shots in front of a knight and another, same layout jumped 24" behind another the same knight. I could only Ion Shield one side and so I was wiped out in one round, then he did the same thing to another knight after i defeated a riptide in CC (after 2 rounds really bad rolling on my part and great 3+ invuls on his part). The troops were wiped out shortly after.

Other than CC how do Knights deal with that many haywire shots? I know nothing of Tau but I want to buy the codex just to figure out what the hell they can take.

I was stunned, especially after tabling a Necron player in turn 3 my first game.

Edit: Also I did not know that I can only snap shot my multimelta in the turn in arrives from a drop pod...

Check out my 2nd Catachan Regiment Project Log
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=131473

Catachan Devils W6-L11-D1
Steel Legion Heavy Mech W6-L0-D0
Minotaurs and Knights W5-L1-D0

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome