Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - NTaW's 40k List Corner
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-20-14, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
ntaw

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Default NTaW's 40k List Corner

I post a lot of lists, to varying degrees of response. Taking a note from Venomlust's book, I figure I'll post them all to one thread instead of littering the boards with a bunch of lists across several different subcategories. At the moment, I am making lists out of the following Factions:

Blood Angels
Dark Angels (Deathwing, really)
Astra Militarum
Imperial Fists
Grey Knights
Inquisition
Assassins
Necrons

I currently play just about any points level up to 3k, but as you can see from the list the collection has a bit of range for total assembled models. There is obviously an Imperial focus to this, with a dash of Necrons for that bland metallic flavour, but once I get a larger place and get my income back to a more stable place I've been considering adding Tyranids and Chaos Daemons to the mix. Here are a couple of my most recent and successful lists to get things going:

Fist of the Emperor 2k: Imperial Fists with Grey Knights, Inquisitor, and Assassin

--Imperial Fist Combined Arms Detachment--

Librarian - Mastery Level 2 (Telepathy), Terminator Armour, Shield Eternal

5x Assault Terminators - 5x Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields
Land Raider Redeemer w/ Multi Melta

6x man Tactical squad - Vet. Sergeant, Plasma Gun
Razorback w/ Twin Linked Heavy Bolters

6x man Tactical squad - Vet. Sergeant, Plasma Gun
Razorback w/ Twin Linked Heavy Bolters

9x man Devastator squad - Vet. Sergeant, 3x Lascannons

--Inquisitorial Detachment--

Coteaz (Divination)

--Assassinorum Detachment--

Vindicare Assassin

--Grey Knights Nemesis Strike Force Detachment--

Librarian - Mastery Level 3 (Sanctic), Terminator Armour, Nemesis Force Hammer

5x Grey Knight Terminators - 3x Nemesis Force Halberds, Nemesis Force Hammer and Stave, Incinerator
Land Raider Redeemer w/ Multi Melta

This list actually swept my buddy's Chaos Marine list without losing a single full unit. Big ups to Invisibility on the Hammernators that time around, plus the Assassin basically taking out a tank per turn pretty reliably. Coteaz hangs out with the Devastators casting Prescience, which stacks with the Siege Masters Chapter Tactic quite nicely. Plus, 8 Mastery Level points really lets me do what I want in the Psychic Phase. I've even denied a few crucially timed Blessings!

Death From Above 3k: Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Grey Knights, Inquisition, Assasin

--Dark Angels Combined Arms Detachment (Primary)--

Belial - Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

5x Deathwing Knights

5x Deathwing Terminators - Plasma Cannon, Cyclone Missile Launcher, 3x Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields

5x Deathwing Terminators - Plasma Cannon, 3x Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields

--Blood Angels Combined Arms Detachment--

Librarian - Mastery Level 2 (Biomancy most often), Jump Pack

Furioso Dreadnought - Frag Cannon, Power Fist, Heavy Flamer
Drop Pod

Furioso Dreadnought - Frag Cannon, Power Fist, Heavy Flamer
Drop Pod

Sanguinary Priest - Power Sword, Jump Pack

10x man Assault squad - 2x Melta Guns, Power Fist on Sergeant
Drop Pod

10x man Assault Squad - 2x Flamers, 2x Hand Flamers on Sergeant

Stormraven Gunship - Twin Linked Multi Melta and Lascannon

Stormraven Gunship - Twin Linked Multi Melta and Assault Cannon, Hurricane Bolter sponsons

--Grey Knights Nemesis Strike Force Detachment--

Librarian - Mastery Level 3 (Sanctic), Terminator Armour, Nemesis Force Hammer

5x Grey Knight Terminators - 3x Nemesis Force Halberds, Nemesis Force Hammer and Stave, Incinerator

--Assassinorum Detachment--

Callidus Assassin

--Inquisitorial Detachment--

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor - 3x Servo Skulls

--Fortification--

Aegis Defense Line - Comms Relay

I love this list. It's literally all my favourite things in one place, and really the way I see war in the 41st millennium. The only things in my deployment zone will be the ADL and the Inquisitor, both out of sight and far away from the enemy. Aside from that the Assassin infiltrates right next to/slightly out of sight of what she's to kill T1, and the Servo Skulls get spread across no-man's land effectively covering it with reduced Deep Strike scatter and denying enemy infiltration. Two Drop Pods and three Terminator squads guaranteed to show up T1, with optional Grey Knight seasoning on a 3+. The rest of the army is pretty much going to show up T2 barring stupid dice or my enemy having a Barrage weapon/T1 Deep Strike units that can take the Comms Relay from the Inquisitor. The whole thing has a very thematic and fluffy feel in my opinion but is pretty god damned intense to face, or so says the one dude who's faced it thus far. Granted, he faced the version without Stormravens and the ADL at 2.5k. The addition of the fliers will definitely help give this list the shooting presence that it was lacking at that points level.

SO MUCH MORE TO COME, I'm just tired of typing at this point.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 10-20-14 at 06:40 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome