Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Professionals Entering Monthly Competitions
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-04-14, 02:55 AM
Mossy Toes
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

I have no problem with anybody who wants to compete in this forum's competitions. If AD-B were to compete in HOES, would we kick him out? I have no qualms if somebody who is very good at painting who is a member of the Heresy community joins such a competition--sure, it means my slight chances of winning are rendered even more non-existent, but to the deserving, and to those who have put the time into their painting & honed their talent, should go the plaudits.

How would we define a "pro," anyways? If SilverTabby, longtime board resident who won a Silver Golden Daemon, tried to enter, would we kick her out?

I absolutely don't mind having greater examples of excellent painting to inspire me to aspire to. People who don't want to vote for pros, however they define a pro, don't have to; I maintain that the rules are fine as is.

(Edit: huh, this came out sounding a bit stronger than I meant it to. I mean, I guess it's all true, but I really meant to come across in a much more "meh, I don't mind if anybody wants to compete" sort of tone. Oops...)

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 10-04-14 at 03:03 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome