Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

How to paint citadel miniatures book no longer available

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Vaz 
#1 ·
Have been looking through the GW modelling and painting section of the website and I notice the 'How to paint citadel miniatures' book is listed as 'no longer available'. COmbined with the rumours about some new paints coming out in the near future, it could be possible they are releasing a new one containing tuorials with all the new paints since the initial re-release e.g. the addition of edge paints, technical FW paints and the new ones whatever they may be.

#5 ·
Yeah from what I have heard from places there is a wash for white, a rotting flesh and a couple of others that are coming out, excited to see wha they are like. AS I said I expect the new book will be for all these new paints and possibly the edge paints too

#4 ·
This sounds like an interesting one. I've got the current book, and it is a very good one. Shows how the different paints work and it's got some very good guides, for example the "how to paint Skeletons", which has been very useful when painting hordes of Skellies for my Vampire Counts :grin:

And compared to the older versions of the book, the amount of pictures in the painting guides is great. Not just the old "we undercoated it black and gave it a base coat of colour x and a quick drybrush of colour y, and now you've got a GD standard of painting on your model...", but actual guides with all the steps pictured. A very good book, even for a veteran painter :)

- Loran

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.