Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Slaves of the Blood God
View Single Post
post #100 of (permalink) Old 09-10-14, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
venomlust
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNecross View Post
*BLAM!* Heresy!

Besides the obvious heretical implications, this is a pretty sweet model.

Can't wait to see how it get's painted to show if Wolf Origins and it's Khorne corruption.
Thanks! Still deciding on the color scheme. Black, grey, red, maybe some brass in the mix? Maybe red/black the way you see loyalists painted in yellow/black patterns for Wolf Guard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snokvor View Post
How do you find working with etched brass? I have no experience and I was wondering if it's PITA?
Eh, if you have a good blade or tool to cut the brass out of the sprue it's just fine. If you don't cut the tiniest of pieces perfectly, you end up with a little flash that must be cut or filed off. This was my first time working with the brass, so I wasn't very good at it. Bending it to conform to a surface isn't all that easy. I also filed the edges so they were less of a flat thing glued onto power armor.

In short, not so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Slung from the saddle would look pretty cool
Cool, thanks. I think it's also the most realistic in terms of having the shield at the ready in case he needs to fend off a lascannon beam or something. His superhuman reflexes allow him to do such things.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome