Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Quit 40k: Now I want a fantasy game. Recommendations?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-04-14, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Straken's_Fist

Straken's_Fist's Flag is: South Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Mordheim is a great game. My Sisters of Sigmar and Witch Hunters used to do really well. However, finding anyone to play with might be a problem. As for fantasy alternatives, there really aren't many. I think Mantic recently had a KS for something along the lines of HeroQuest, but with a skirmish twist, so that might be worth a look.

Otherwise Malifaux and Infinity have pretty much sewn up the skirmish angle at the moment, with Deadzone way behind.

Tying yourself to the fantasy genre could be a handicap, as you won't explore other great games like Muskets and Tomahawks. I haven't played it yet, but have watched a couple of games, and on the back of them I will be picking up a box of Wargames Factory Forest Indians. Very quick game play, relatively small model count and very smooth rules system
Cool thanks. A few people are interested at the FLGS so will give Mordheim my attention from now on. At the end of the day if no one ends up playing regularly, I can just focus on the modelling/painting side.

Not really bothered about handicapping myself to the fantasy genre: I feel like gaming for me is not something that takes up a lot of my free time in my life anymore anyway. Just feel like I am moving on from it in this chapter in my life if you know what I mean. I may pick it all up again the future (seems to come in 7 year waves). Life is change.
I just want to dedicate to 2 or 3 games that are not time consuming and just fun with cool models and stories behind the whole thing. That's it really.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome