Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Damnation of Pythos.
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 08-21-14, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Honestly, it feels like pretty much every book has Iron Hands in them. They were the most numerous loyallist Legion involved post-drop site, admittedly, but any book involved the Shattered Legions has Iron Hands involved, who near enough single handedly manage to fuck things up, and simulataneously be the most uninteresting characters written.

I'm not going to lie, I might be slightly biased in that I was never interested in Iron Hands prior to the Heresy information - they were just a legion which preferred bionics to tap into that Terminator-style vibe (with a part-metal, part-plastic tactical squad being produced for them around the time of when Matrix 2 and 3 were at their biggest hype, IIRC back in late 3rd/early 4th edition, IIRC), similar to how Tau tapped into Gundam interest etc.

Damnation of Pythos
Angel Exterminatus
The Primarchs

All of these have major focus on the Iron Hands following the legions - Angel Exterminatus was notable for the Iron Warriors first major appearance, and how Fulgrim interacted with that, while Damnation of Pythos was meant to be "the return" of the Iron Hands to the screen. In addition to that, there are a ton of other references and inclusions of Iron Hands dotted about, where, they didn't need to be.

If you want to sum up the novel, The Iron Hands went to a world, jumped through a few hoops set by a Daemon, and they created a Daemonic Invasion. After Dawn of War, and Ben Counter, everyone is sick of that same fucking storyline. It's not interesting. They most relevant part of those novels, though? They're 40K, not 30K.

Sure, Madail might return in another book, but why did we need to have a storyline that was "dur, Iron Hands are thick as shit, look", and have to pay money to have someone write not only that novel, but waste my time reading it (and yes, I feel like I wasted my time reading it).

I'm not saying that the Iron Hands would have noticed "oh, they worship Chaos", but rather that "why do they make no mention of the Emperor ever?" It was as predictable a plot twist as the Knights of House Devine, or the Raven Guard "Solaro" who was the "traitor", rather than Agapito. (Seriously? Keep referencing the scarred face of Agapito that often, you're going to draw an intelligent person to think the opposite because it's that hammed up).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome