Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - FAQs for 7e are up
View Single Post
post #65 of (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 07:17 PM
MidnightSun
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabre View Post
I'm sad about Paladins losing another tool... it seems every edition weakens them a little. But with Divination and Biomancy across the board, I'm liking the idea of just running a GM with grenades as the focus for assault terminators. Mixing them in with Dark Angels and abusing the Storm Wing formation and battle brothers across the board feels like it's got a lot of potential.
GK don't get Biomancy, as far as I know. However, Sanctuary on every vehicle. Paladins are now 4++, 3++ with their Swords in melee. That's kind of a huge improvement.

Quote:
Another thought; Crimson Fists with Pedro could play Unbound to give up troops and go with Sternguard as their troops with really no penalty at all.
Yeah, they can do that. It's pretty cool.

Quote:
I'm torn on my 1k Sons... I still feel like they should have Divination without buying the Balestar. but I'm currently trying to come up with an army list involving a Balestar Seer and possibly a couple other sorcerers. Ahriman is... well, he's Ahriman. He gets 5 spells, at least 2 need to be Tzeentch (primaris free) plus 3 other effects, but frankly Be'Lakor is far better as a Telepathy platform.
Ahriman can cast a pretty stupid number of Witchfires in a turn, so I'd go for something offensive with him rather than using him as a Telepathy buffer which, as you mentioned, Be'lakor does better.

Quote:
I'm upset that I lost Anrakyr on his CCB... or have I missed something there? That was really a staple to my AdMech Counts as army I was gonna eventually do...
Command Barges are Overlord-only now, yeah.

Quote:
I'm a little concerned about Tau... I realize they're still a powerful shooting army and nothing has changed that, but I worry that they'll have no presence in an entire phase, and very weak 'anti-magic'... far worse than Dwarves in fantasy.
They have great movement and great shooting, they deserve to be weak in the psychic phase. Defensively, they have Talisman of Arthas Moloch from Farsight which is about as good a Psychic defense as you can get in the game right now, so I think it's pretty good.

Aren't Tau supposed to be the most overpowered thing ever?

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome