Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - FAQs for 7e are up
View Single Post
post #41 of (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 12:56 AM
MidnightSun
Rattlehead

Haven't had a chance to look at them all yet, but my thoughts so far:

- Weirdboyz went from 'bad' to 'super shitty'. You are never going to have enough Mastery to successfully push through powers unless you want to essentially auto-Perils, and that's assuming you got lucky enough to roll Sanctuary, Hammerhand, the Vortex Grenade one, or Gate of Infinity, since none of the other powers are particularly useful for Orks. Yah, I'll just bring a Big Mek thanks.

- Dark Angels got absolutely nothing except they didn't fix the Sergeant not being able to bring assault weapons. Fuck you, GW, why even bring out an FAQ for Dark Angels that fixes nothing and nerfs a couple of units (Darkshroud losing Stealth, and not allowing Hammer/Shield Terminator sergeants - they don't seem like nerfs since they've been around since forever, but since the FAQ gives us NOTHING good then I'm pretty sore about it. Oh, they gave Company Veterans a not-retarded wargear selection, because people will bring them instead of Sternguard now that there are infinit Allied detachments from whatever book you like. Right, guys? Guys?). However, they got a couple of huge indirect buffs, the main one being Battle Brothers with all Imperial armies with the 7th ed allies chart and the two others detailed below:

- Heldrake got a really solid smack with the nerfbat, now forcing it to follow the rules for Flyers rather than having all the advantages with none of the restrictions. This is also a huge indirect buff to every Marine army and specifically Grey Knights.

- Speaking of Grey Knights, they're now Battle-Brothers with a load of people, have a shitload of Warp Charge with bonuses to Deny, can royally fuck over the Daemons that everyone's screaming about (as can most armies, but Grey Knighrs can kill Daemons laughably easily with Banishment, a Warp Charge 1 stackable Malediction and Preferred Enemy Daemons with S5 Storm Bolters), and get Sanctuary (THE greatest power in existence, in my humble opinion). These guys are DEFINITELY my go-to Allies for Dark Angels. Really want to bring Knights in a Grey Knight Land Raider so I can run around with a bunch of T5 2+/2++ guys, but as it is I'll simply bring a couple Razorbacks with 5-man Strike Squads and give all my Deathwing a 4++ or 2++ depending on their loadout. Also makes Azrael into a metric bastard.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome