Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

7th Edition Rumors, Pics in 1st Post (Update #8 15 May)

57K views 641 replies 83 participants last post by  mrknify 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#2 ·
It is still available on the UK site. This could just be the fact that they are currently out of stock. This is the process they have been currently following with the new web page.

#8 ·
Welp, 7th edition is starting to sound an awful lot like 2nd edition.

And for that I'll give a, "Fuck yeah!"

(Though not the cost of another giant book so soon.) Who knows maybe they're finally going digital.

#15 ·
Add to cart has vanished here, if it returns everywhere in the next few days 7th isn't incoming
if it stays like this it looks like they have gambled on an early new rulebook

#16 ·
yep also "no longer available" on the Australian website.

that sort of sucks, just finally got my head around all the rules and don't need to look them up as regularly.

What, has it been about 2 years?

#17 ·
Not even that, think it was September time 2012.

I think it's far too soon for a new ruleset, but i guess we'll have to wait and see.

If they do bring out 7th i hope they'll have the option to get a smaller rule book from launch. I'm not shelling out £45 for a new BRB and i don't really need another starter set.

#18 ·
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/04/40k-6th-edition-is-being-pulled.html

BOLS confirms and corroborates Nafka's May 24 preorder date.

That's what, a year and a half into 6e? Ridiculous. Most likely a bandaid on some 6th issues and minor tweaks, as I see it.

Ugh. I sure as hell don't want to have to buy another overpriced rulebook on such a short turnaround, nor do I want the rumored Ork/Blood Angel starter kit. GW had better not keep hiking codex and rulebook prices if they want me to buy them...

#22 ·
well if they release a 7th ed so close to the 6th ed then they should really have some sort of trade back of the 6thed maybe bring in your 6th ed book and get a 30%discount off a new book.

As was said before shelling out for another book ($125 here in Australia) is just a load of shit so close to the other edition.

I only just got another friend to start playing 2 months ago and he went out and brought the BRB just over two weeks ago. so now I feel bad for talking him into it.

oh well I guess "electronic" (torrent downloaded versions) will be rampart.

#23 ·
At least it isn't as bad as it used to be where GW was selling the new edition up until the day prior to the new edition. At least he'll get around 6 weeks out of it and if the new edition isn't a large number of changes it'll be easier to transition from the edition to the new one.

I've got a copy of Rogue Trader, a copy of 2nd, 2 copies of 3rd, a copy of 5th and both the collectors edition of 5th and the hardback "the Rules" version of 6th. There is a lot of fun fluff stuff in all of them I enjoy going back to now and then. If he's into the fluff then the book still has some stuff to enjoy now and then too.

#24 ·
just spoke to a guy at the Australian headquarters for GW. Yes it is officially removed from the website. he said to me he couldn't say much except to keep an eye on the website and also white dwarf magazines over the next coming weeks. Wouldn't give me much more save the fact that don't get the current rulebook.

#25 ·
I got a similiar message from the US Customer Service branch (bold/underlined emphasis mine):
Hello there,

Currently the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook is out of stock and I do not have a date as to when they will be back in stock right now. We will have to keep watching the Games Workshop website and White Dwarf for more information. You can still get the mini rulebook in the Dark Vengeance core set. Should you need anything else please give us a call at 1-800-394-4263 and we will work to get you helped out.

Thanks,

Games Workshop
North America Customer Services
I guess that's as forward as they're allowed to be. :p

#26 ·
I would be willing to make a bet that says this is all linked to the change in army names (IG to AM). And given that planet strike and City's of Death are also No Longer Available. Could be looking at a compendium of some of the older expansions. In the big Book. but not a huge change in the rules (So they don't have to re-do the DV box's)

Edit: and include a Collectors Edition, and they will make a pile of money.

#29 ·
yes from what I've heard from others is that it will be pretty much the existing rules with all the errata's in and also combining things like escalation and probably as you have noted Uveron those older books which disappeared.

#31 ·
well i can confirm the 40k English rule book has dropped off the indie order sheet, dark vengeance hasnt though....yet.
I still dont expect a totally new edition, i still think its gonna be a compendium.
from a business point of view however a new starter set would be mint! Dark vengeance is great but i think its run its course and should be retired and two new armies get the treatment, plus a quicker turn around on these starter sets might mean i one day get my dream of seeing the Eldar in a starter set, so far we have had Orks,DE,nids,chaos,orks again and marines, so some starterset love for eldar/tau/or necrons would be nice.

#34 ·
If this is a brand new 7th edition (which i'm highly sceptical about):
A rulebook not even 2 years after 6th Edition should be free to download online as just the rules (like most other companies do), or you can buy a hard copy with fluff and all trimmings (like most other companies do). Especially if it turns out that they have only released 7th to try and make the game balanced and move away from forging a narrative: The game was advertised as fluff over balance in the 6th ed rulebook, so to change it so quickly and reverse course would be deeply insulting to the fanbase/customers.
But like I said, this probably wont happen, I see a new rulebook with FAQs. As long as I can still get FAQs online via pdf I think it's entirely fair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.