Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - 1500 pts for Campaign
View Single Post
post #57 of (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
neferhet

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanJD View Post
If you really want to be a dick... Since you can change 2 units a battle, swap in 2 Helldrakes with baleflamers. None of his blast templates (plasma cannons or vindicators) can even hit fliers and it will be near impossible to get the meltas in range.

I know you said no helldrake but it is the straight counter to massed MEQs. Especially ones with mass templates. The real question is, how badly do want to win?

Otherwise maybe you could load up on blastmasters in heavy cover? You might win out on the template war that way.

Another option would be nurgle spawn. They'll do quite well in combat vs tac squads, will get there quickly to tie them up, don't care about ap2 weapons and with their T6 won't get insta-gibbed by vindicators. Make sure to do full squads of 5 so enough are left to win combat by the time they get there.

No matter what you add, I'd certainly drop the terminators vs all those ap2 templates.
lol i thought about dickdrakes too...but that would not be fair. i'm not exactly supposed to know his list, altough he made a mistake by letting info slip over. basically my spies did a great work
this said, yes, i'll probably drop the termins, nice advice ( i was stuck in trying to figure out a way to meke them work) even thou a deepstriking meltadeath unit could be fun. I was thinking to take in another oblit and 5 noise marines w/blastmaster OR 5 chosen, draznicht, 4 plasmaguns, rhino....
Thanks @NathanJD for the insight

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome