Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Fixing Sixth. What d'you think??
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 03-06-14, 06:52 PM
MidnightSun
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiro the avenger! View Post
And it's not just new books beating new... It means you can't do it, it doesn't counter it, just laughs at you for trying it... And what's your other option? Walk the buggers up and have an extra turn being shot at...
Or drop them out of Line of Sight of the Riptide, or in good cover, or bring them on in Stormravens.

Quote:
And it's not the aegis line that assault armies can't use, it's the quad gun, sorry, I should've been more specific, your saying I have to stop advancing, take another round of fire in the face in order to take some potshots at a flier which most likely won't kill it?
Why can't an assault army use a Quad-Gun? Your Devastators and such aren't running forwards.

Quote:
Why should my ENTIRE codex be made redundant by a single unit in a codex, it's not fair. Sure I could just run rhino camping, but then I'm not blood angles am I? I'm spurfs painted red.
Yeah, man, the entire Codex sucks ass. It's not like you can run an AV13 wall that Outflanks, armed with the kind of firepower that brutalises the basic Tau infantry statline. And that really good Flyer you have, which is really good at killing the Riptide.

Quote:
Make so that the heldrake is hull mounted... Duh... But that still means he only get 1 turn burning every other turn or more... I can take 1 round of heat and not lose the game for it, every turn is a no no.
Agreed with this change, but why is a Heldrake shooting every turn? Three, I can understand lasting, but why are you leaving one to run around?

Quote:
Remove the ions overcharge, or make it so you have to super charge to get it, that way the thing can't nuke me without risking himself, or can't nuke me then hop 4D6 away...
That sounds pretty good.

Quote:
And just saying 'fuck it, we can't be arsed, you guys do it' is not a good way to fix it, not everyone is blessed with the groups you may have in order to be able to chop and change the rules as they like...
Why is it not a good fix? It's what GW means, they just refuse to flatly put it in the rulebook. If it's in the rulebook, then everyone should chop and change the rules, because that's a rule.

Quote:
And maybe your one army is good at countering eldar, that doesn't make them bad, it's like me saying my all plasma army laughs at a death wing army, it doesn't make it a bad army, it's just me bringing a hard counter... Does that make heldrakes suck? Cos I'm sure my friends paladin army will laugh at a tridrake list...
In news today; armies building around one factor are bad. Tri-Drake is not appreciable better than running a pair of Heldrakes, and Paladins have a whole host of reasons to be sad fighting Chaos Space Marines (Str8 blast spam and Telepathy are very efficient anti-Paladin, even with their armour saves, and that's without resorting to how people have dealt with Paladins for years - Tank Shock). Tri-Drake, Quad-Tide, Serpent Spam; all of them are kind of bad, because you can't build a list around one unit and one unit alone.

Deathwing are bad because they're stupidly fragile and can't engage many targets at all, not because Plasma and Grav are a thing

Hordes of Marines on foot were never good, and Jumpers as an entire army wasn't exactly the crowning glory of 5th either. Yeah, they were better than they are now. Yes, 6th hit Blood Angels quite hard. But it didn't completely ruin them.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome