Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Venomlust's Senseless List Thread
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
venomlust
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

My friend is planning to buy 6 Imperial Knights, so I've built a list to deal with them as best I can.

He's probably going to have ~280 points to bring Eldar, to round out the list to 2500 points. So here's my answer:

The result is a CSM army allied with Daemons. 2503 points.

HQ: CSM:

Warlord: Kharn the Betrayer
Daemon Prince: Wings, Armor, Mark of Tzeentch

HQ: Daemons

Be'lakor
Daemon Prince: Wings, Armor, Daemon of Tzeentch, Mastery Level 3 (all on Telepathy)

TROOPS: CSM:

Cultists x10
Cultists x10
Cultists x10
Cultists x10

TROOPS: Daemons

Daemonettes x17
Daemonettes x10

FAST ATTACK: CSM:

Heldrake: Baleflamer
Heldrake: Hades Autocannon
Dreadclaw Drop Pod

FAST ATTACK: Daemons

Seekers of Slaanesh x10: Icon, Instrument

HEAVY SUPPORT: CSM

Havocs x9: 4x Meltaguns, Melta bombs on champ <= Joined by Kharn & deployed in Dreadclaw
Maulerfiend: Magma Cutters

Strategy:

Basically, the strength of this list is in the utilization of flyers/flying monstrous creatures, which he cannot shoot with his Knights while they're zooming/swooping. The idea is then to exploit his unshielded facings in order to deal as many hull points as possible, with as little retribution as possible.

Kharn and the MeltaHavocs are in the Dreadclaw. This allows the squad to zoom across the board unmolested in order to get into combat as quickly as possible. This is an assault vehicle, so the squad can pop out, shoot 4 meltas, and charge. Hopefully, out of 4 shots, something penetrates the shield. Kharn's insane number of S7 Armourbane attacks at I5 should, with some luck, take a Knight out before it gets to strike back. Hatred means he's directing as many attacks as possible at the enemy, and not hitting his mostly-useless-in-combat MeltaHavocs. The melta-bomb is sort of a last-ditch effort to finish the Knight off, if Kharn doesn't do the job.

Be'lakor, versatile as ever, will kick some ass in this list. Telepathy for Puppet Master if there are Knights Errant within Melta range of other Knights, Hallucination if not. Invisibility in case one of my units needs it. He'll be swooping around using powers until the moment is right to cut a weakened Knight down. He can Smash if he needs to, but with 6 S7 Armourbane AP2 Master-crafted attacks on the charge, he shouldn't need to.

The CSM Daemon Prince is just a low-cost (well...) beat-stick. He'll be Vector Striking all game long, and then using Smash to finish off weakened Knights. He can also deal with any sort of ground troops my friend brings, if needed. He's the lowest priority HQ, I think, but not useless by a long shot.

The Daemons Daemon Prince is Be'lakor-lite. Same strategy, essentially, without Be'lakor's sweet sword. Not as reliable with rolling the Telepathy powers I'd like, but that's how it goes. Gotta get something useful with 3 rolls on the table. The Grimoire can be used to buff my Daemonettes/Seekers so they can hopefully survive some pie plates and get to assault. It could also be used on one of the other flying daemons, in case they finish off a Knight and find themselves gliding out in the open.

The Cultists make up for low model count per unit with total model count. 40 of them should be annoying enough to deal with, if they sit back and hold objectives.

The Daemonettes actually have a shot at dealing damage to the Knights. They will hopefully arrive with the Seekers, for 3 blobs of bitches with Rending, ready to tear stuff apart.

The Seekers are there to rend and also to get the Daemonettes on the table. Icon/Instrument should allow for this. With a Grimoire buff, they can survive some shooting and move quickly into position. Debating whether or not I want to Outflank them, it depends on my enemy's deployment, I guess.

The Heldrakes will be doing what they always do. Vector Striking everything possible, with a Hades Autocannon to shoot at whatever facing isn't shielded. I took one with a Baleflamer to deal with any Eldar infantry on the table, but I may switch both to Hades because the Knights are harder to take out, and the cheapo Daemon Prince can probably wipe a squad of Eldar troops on his own.

The Maulerfiends are probably going to die before they do anything, but if they make it to close combat they have a pretty good chance at doing some damage. They can also chase after the Knights and their 12" movement, not being bothered by any intervening cover.

So, there we have it! Bring it on, Knights!

If expanded to 3,000 Points:

HQ: CSM:

Warlord: Kharn the Betrayer
Daemon Prince: Wings, Armor, Mark of Tzeentch, Mastery Level 3 (1 on Tzeentch, 2 on Telepathy)

HQ: Daemons

Be'lakor
Daemon Prince: Wings, Armor, Daemon of Tzeentch, Mastery Level 3 (all on Telepathy)

TROOPS: CSM:

Cultists x10
Cultists x10
Cultists x10
Cultists x10

TROOPS: Daemons

Daemonettes x20
Daemonettes x20

FAST ATTACK: CSM:

Heldrake: Baleflamer
Heldrake: Hades Autocannon
Dreadclaw Drop Pod

FAST ATTACK: Daemons

Seekers of Slaanesh x10: Heartseeker, Icon, Instrument

HEAVY SUPPORT: CSM

Havocs x9: 4x Meltaguns, Melta bombs on champ <= Joined by Kharn & deployed in Dreadclaw
Fire Raptor: Reaper Batteries x2, Daemonic Possession

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 03-04-14 at 03:27 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome