Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Why play Fantasy?
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 02-26-14, 03:23 PM
effigy22

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

Fantasy has been watered down since previous editions but its still a more tactical game. I rarely hear people playing 40k say "I lost because of my deployment".

You have to think, also there are the "risks" of charging certain units, especially ones with characters. You have to ask yourself "Could he have a magic item that could throw the fight his way?" or "Are there fanatics in that unit of night goblins?"... ok the second question is a given but you understand my point.

My favuorite edition has to be the last edition, no pre measuring, no random charges. It was a fine line between a winning charge and "OH CRAP I MOVED TO CLOSE TO THAT UNIT OF BLOODKNIGHTS!!!" failed charges actually usually meant you were doing something right rather than your opponent having a poor dice roll... and i have gone a little off topic, shutting up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome