Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Why is Draigo's fluff so frowned upon?
View Single Post
post #59 of (permalink) Old 02-24-14, 08:22 AM
Protoss119
Bruva I am hit!

Protoss119's Flag is: USA

I'm glad that L.J. Goulding is working on Draigo as well, having read Kaldor Draigo: Knight of Titan, and I think he's introduced a lot of interesting threads regarding him both there and in Mortarion's Heart, but I still think he's got a long way to go before he fully redeems him.

The reason for my and others' dislike of Draigo, and by extension Ward, boils down to this: if I had to ask Ward himself to explain to me how all of Draigo's outrageous[-looking] achievements could have happened, given his prior behavior, how do you think he would respond? Personally, I wouldn't have much hope for anything resembling a satisfying answer, one that would increase the probability of his actions and his situation or otherwise help us believe his story. While I understand that Ward's attitude is just to help sell GW's products and may or may not accurately reflect his own opinion on Draigo or anything else he has worked on, the damage is done.

That's why I feel it's so important that a self-admitted "Draigo denier" is working on Draigo's fluff - so that I can go to him and ask him to explain everything, and so far, I feel he's explained Mortarion's defeat satisfactorily. Godspeed, you magnificent bastard!

Homebrew stuff for your viewing pleasure:
The Stormhunters Fluff/Crunch - Updated 10/07/13
The Rust Legion Fluff - Updated 5/19/13
Firaeveus Carron Rules - Updated 12/9/10

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome