Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - My old Tyranid army
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 02-15-14, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Worthy

Worthy's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricktroller View Post
Personally at any list over 1k points I run 40 termgants with devourers in two 20 man squads behind 2 20 man squads of hormagaunts. Getting 120 shots in a turn is sickeningly good. I have melted two 10 man squads of terminators in a turn before, using this method.

Personally I am a huge fan of warriors with deathspitters. They are S5 AP5 whereas devourers are S4 ap -. However with my lists I mostly run them as 30 point synapse boosters with a venom cannon in each squad of 3. Gives me a 36 inch range S6 AP 4 gun to throw around every turn to contribute to taking out transports.

If you go for mixed squads of Termies to run up and blast I would put spikerifles on the front 10 and devourers on the back 20. That way everything has the same range but the ones in front are only 4 points a model.
Thanks for the advice, but i'll just be using the next batch of termies to boost up my fleshborer squad (i'll still go with death spitters for them though).

I will take your advice on the next batch of Warriors I get though, to boost my Warrior Brood (i'm tempted to add a prime, but it's between that or a Flyrant) and they'll possibly Shrikes too.

I'm only adding Synapse creatures now so that only the termies, hormies and rippers have to worry about Synapse much and if they do, they can run to the nearest Synapse creature.

Last edited by Worthy; 02-15-14 at 02:53 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome