Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - And you thought your armies were big...
View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 02-06-14, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Matcap

Matcap's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
Wow . . . that's pretty horrifying.

It really is like an episode of hoarders. I dare say the painting skill all looks about the same which suggests its one strange bastard who is really painting all of this (poorly).

I can't even imagine the type of disposable income which would be required to amass such a Smaug-like mound of warhammer miniatures. There's some Dutch guy who slumbers on a pile of warhammer figures.

The only things I can imagine are:
1) he's wealthy, has a short attention span, and megalomaniacal factors
2) he's a GW manager who buys his own stock to keep his store in business
3) He's a mental case spending his assistance checks on warhammer. (I posit this sadly having worked in a FLGS where the 1st of the month a dude would come in and basically blow his welfare check on comics and collectables. Every month.)
4) maybe it's somebody collecting second hand armies, repainting them and reselling.
I fear it's number 3.. I tried to contact him once as he also had 5 chapters (Yes chapters i.e. 1000 marines each) + several titans from armorcast and GW for sale, but the responses I got were just downright weird. It is a shame though, seeing as how he treats the models and how little fun he seemed to have had with him.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome