Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Wargaming snobbery and 40k hate
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 01-27-14, 09:39 PM
fatmantis

fatmantis's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
Have you tried this before? I've had it work more than it failed. It's also a completely and utterly different situation to bullying - which is a person or group of people picking on another person and victimising them, which fulfills their predatory and pack instinct by targeting a weaker individual, and the best way to deal with it is in fact to kick them in the balls as hard as you can when they don't expect it and can't retaliate.

What Straken describes isn't bullying, it's people spouting off their own opinions without enough empathy to understand how irritating everyone else finds it. They don't expect anyone to tell them directly to stop, because in their mind then they're just pointing out the incredibly obvious fact that 40k is crap, GW is crap, and no-one in their right mind would play the game. They don't have a confrontational mindset in place because they aren't being challenged, which means you have a pretty good chance of successfully impacting their behaviour by challenging it.
i was was not saying it was bullying i was comparing your choice of response to them,,was similar to ignoring a bully both ineffective..but as i said if it works go for it..

also i stated in my original post that i am a very aggressive person. so to answer your question have i ever tried it..i have been a bouncer for many years..so id say yeah ive had to deal with dickheads of al types..and talking usually doesn't work..yes i know different situations..but where i come from if your going to ask someone to,l be quiet or, shut up or even challenge there perception that is confrontation...

i also stated that i am an owner of a games shop..and when you become a member and sign up there a small friendship agreement..and one of the rule states " to argue like gentlemen" which means to present you case in a clear concise manner..with FACT..if you cant..keep your opinion to your self..and every body likes that..so in our shop we almost never have this situation..i say almost due to i have 1 guy who gets on every bodies nerve..but he doesn't come often.

so again this should be dealt with by the manager

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome