Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Venomlust's Senseless List Thread
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-24-14, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
venomlust
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Here's another.

I call it the 2755 Too-Many-Expensive-HQs Army

CSM allied with BL.

I often run Be'lakor in my army, because he's awesome, but I thought I'd chuck in more Daemon Princes to make things interesting. Someone in another thread suggested a cool build for a BL DP with Last Memory, so I included him as the BL HQ.

Be'lakor doing his thing, as per usual.

The Black Mace prince is the close combat beatstick. Take out a scoring unit on his own, or smash enemy armor.

The Lord is there to man the quad gun and make the 20-man cultist unit holding the home objective Fearless. MoT and SoC for a 3++, in case anything dangerous slips past the rest of the army and tries to take them out in an assault. I decided to make him my warlord because, in theory, he's in the least danger behind the ADL on the gun. If I'm lucky I'll roll Master of Deception and infiltrate the CSM, or maybe even the Cultists to give some small blob distractions that will be running right at whatever needs to be tarpitted. 50 point sacrificial squads with 10 wounds sounds fine to me. It's only a 1/6 shot, but I don't think I really need Be'lakor's warlord trait, so might as well be safe.

The BL Prince will be rolling 1 in Nurgle and 2 in Biomancy. Those powers (unless they're useful) are really just a formality, because the idea will be to get close to enemy troops and drop an 18" bomb on they ass that ignores cover. Only Ld9, but with rerolls I'm hoping to avoid an insta-wound. He could still get grounded, but that's a FMC, so whatever.

The plasma CSM squad is for mid-field scoring and firepower. Plasma to deal with stuff I need AP2 for.

The melta CSM squad is just added anti-armor or anti-TEQ, whatever. Might as well assault vehicles with the melta bomb/kraks, if I need to.

The Hades Forgefiend and Autocannon Havocs are there to pop light armor and spam shots at flyers, combined with vector strikes from... everyone, and quad gun shots. They can really aim at anything except high AV armor and do some real damage.

One squad of Obliterators (probably the squad of 3) will be deployed on the table for an opening Lascannon volley. The duo will deep-strike to attack priority targets. Hopefully with T5, 2/5++ and 4 wounds between them, at least 1 will survive Interceptor shots to do something useful.

I was thinking of running 1 Forgefiend with Ectoplasma for extra AP2 support for the mid-field. It seems kinda risky to have him marching up that close, but that's what I'd have to do for that AP2 shooting, unless I just camp him behind the ADL as a "just in case" measure for attackers getting within 24". Seems like an awful lot of risk for 2 blasts, though. Maybe it would be better to let the 3x Obliterators fire Plasma Cannons from the ADL at 36" after their initial Lascannon volley. That way the AP2 is there from farther away (36") and the Forgefiend will get that cover save and pop off 8 shots.

The 2 squads of Cultists are for tarpitting and contesting, if they survive that long. Really they're just there to unlock double FOC.

MAIN FORCE HQ:

Be'lakor
Daemon Prince: Daemon of Tzeentch, The Black Mace, Wings, Armor
Warlord: Chaos Lord: Mark of Tzeentch, Sigil of Corruption, Lightning Claw

BLACK LEGION ALLIES HQ:

Daemon Prince: Daemon of Nurgle, Wings, Armor, Mastery Level 3, Spell Familiar, Last Memory of the Yuranthos

MAIN FORCE TROOPS:

Cultists x10
Cultists x10
Chaos Space Marines x10: 2x Plasma Gun, Rhino
Chaos Space Marines x10: 2x Plasma Gun, Rhino

BLACK LEGION ALLIES TROOPS:

Cultists x20

MAIN FORCE FAST ATTACK:

Heldrake: Baleflamer
Heldrake: Baleflamer

MAIN FORCE HEAVY SUPPORT:

Forgefiend: Hades Autocannons
Obliterators x2: Mark of Nurgle
Obliterators x3: Mark of Nurgle
Havocs x5: 4 Autocannons

BLACK LEGION ALLIES HEAVY SUPPORT:

Forgefiend: Hades Autocannons

FORTIFICATIONS:

Aegis Defense Line: Quad Gun

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 01-24-14 at 06:59 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome