Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Venomlust's Senseless List Thread
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-19-14, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
venomlust
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

List #1: 2750 Points: Slaves of the Blood God: CSM & Black Legion Allies

This is a list I've been dreaming about. It may not be terrific, but I think it will be a lot of fun to play.

I'm using the Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf model for the Black Legion Chaos Lord, accompanied by 5 Fenrisian Wolf Spawn, and also Njall Stormcaller for the Sorcerer. These are all traitor Space Wolves that bent the knee to Abaddon for access to sweet artifacts that let them splatter things as they please.

Lord on Juggernaut is my favorite HQ in the game, so running 2 is very exciting. The problem with using 2 in a plain CSM list is that you only get one Axe of Blind Fury. The remaining options include the Burning Brand, but on a close-combat HQ that seems wasted. Power Sword with +1S and AP3 is meh. Decent if all you want to do is kill marines. When you need AP2 to kill Terminators or Artificer, Axes or Fists leave you open to Instant Death (or wounds) by striking last in a challenge, so nuts to that. Just can't beat S7 AP2 at initiative.

The Black Legion allows the Wolf Lord to take the Skull of Ker'ngar, giving Eternal Warrior and Adamantium Will. That lets me give him a Power Fist for 4 unwieldy (6 on the charge) S9 ((Base4*2)+1 Juggernaut) AP2 attacks with 3+/4++ immunity to Instant Death along with T5 and 4 wounds. Not bad at all. With Invisibility, he's hitting on 3s and being hit on 5s, further adding to his survivability. I forgot that he isn't getting Furious Charge, so he won't be hurting Land Raiders except on 6s. I gave him Melta Bombs, so now he's a threat to everything on the ground. +1 to Deny the Witch for a 1/3 chance is a cool bonus. He won't be wiping out squads of infantry, but he isn't getting tarpitted either, thanks to the Spawn backup. I'd love to see them sweep a unit of Fire Warriors and trample them into a blue paste.

Be'lakor is there for the Invisibility buff to either Lord + Spawn along with Puppet Master, Psychic Shriek, and close combat murder if necessary. Mental Fortitude could also come in handy if any of the Cultists start running like bitches. I decided to make Be'lakor my warlord, for -1 to Fear tests, which the Spawn and Maulerfiends will cause (4 units total) in combat. Since he'll be cover camping with a 2+ and wings, he should be the most suvivable HQ and therefore provide the biggest challenge for Slay the Warlord.

The unmarked Sorcerer is rolling all 3 on Telepathy, hoping for Invisibility and Puppet Master as well. Psychic Shriek would be a decent power too if anyone gets close.

The Fire Raptor will aim for enemy flyers/light vehicles/MC. The Heldrakes will roast infantry and vector strike stuff.

Termicide unit with Combi-Meltas is ideally going to pop hard to reach vehicles, or Heavy Conversion Beamer/Mortis Contemptors.

Practically the entire army is charging. 4 units that move through cover and 2 Rhinos offer me a lot of mobility, combined with medium to short range firepower and close-combat rape. Mid-field objectives would be best, to give Be'lakor and the Sorcerer the best opportunity to use all of their powers.

55 scoring infantry units, and plenty of Cultists to tarpit stuff if necessary.

The Khorne-marked marine squad with the meltas is riding in an upgraded Rhino. Extra Armor will hopefully keep the tank mobile as it loses hull points and gets the squad into melta/charging range. If it survives, I'll send the tank up ahead into Dirge Caster range. Doesn't always happen, but there are a lot of targets. Hopefully once the troops are out, they'll ignore it. Decent anti-armor shots followed by a lot of attacks (39 on the charge, 29 if charged with a successful Counter Attack).

The Chosen have an assload of plasma shots, so they'll either take potshots from midfield or charge up in their Rhino into rapid-fire range. I figured they can have a stock Rhino, because they only really need to make it to the mid-field objectives or cover to start being useful, while the Khorne-marked marines need to get a lot closer. The Ld10 from Veterans will come in handy, since one casualty is 20% of the squad.

MAIN FORCE HQ:

Warlord:Be'lakor
Chaos Lord: Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Axe of Blind Fury, Melta Bombs, Sigil of Corruption
Sorcerer: Mastery Level 3, Spell Familiar, Force Maul, Sigil of Corruption

BLACK LEGION ALLIES HQ:

Chaos Lord: Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Sigil of Corruption, Power Fist, Skull of Ker'ngar, Melta Bombs, Veterans of the Long War

MAIN FORCE TROOPS:

Chaos Space Marines x10: Mark of Khorne, Icon of Wrath, 2x Meltaguns, Replace 7 Bolters w/ CCW, Rhino + Dirge Caster + Extra Armor
Cultists x 20: Joined by Sorcerer
Cultists x10
Cultists x10

BLACK LEGION ALLIES TROOPS:

Chosen x5: Plasma Gun x4, Veterans of the Long War, Rhino

MAIN FORCE ELITES:

Terminators x3: Combi-Melta x2, Champ Combi-Melta

MAIN FORCE FAST ATTACK:

Heldrake with Baleflamer
Heldrake with Baleflamer
Spawn x5: Joined by CSM Lord on Juggernaut

BLACK LEGION ALLIES FAST ATTACK:

Spawn x5: Joined by BL Lord on Juggernaut

MAIN FORCE HEAVY SUPPORT:

Maulerfiend with Magma Cutters
Maulerfiend with Magma Cutters

BLACK LEGION ALLIES HEAVY SUPPORT:

Fire Raptor: 2x Reaper Batteries, Daemonic Possession

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 01-20-14 at 04:39 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome