Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - New Tyranids, my first Impression
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 01-12-14, 06:21 PM
MidnightSun
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Joka View Post
Here's my list of problems I have with the codex that people seem to be glossing over:
1) Only one unit has a 2+ save (and it's not a HQ or a Carnifex
2) Primaris Psychic power is a Joke.
3) AP2 Melee Weapons only found on MCs and Tyrant Guard
4) Grenades where you don't need them, missing even so much as an option where you do (aside from paying for them on a Tyranid Prime and having him join a unit)
5) Still no Allies, nor expanded FOC
6) Tons of really cool Wargear/Biomorph options.... that next to no one can take.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Newman View Post
1)so do other books. Eldar only have it on PL's and Dark Eldar don't have it full stop. Not that big a deal really since it's supposed to be a valued commodity. I hope other books restrict it as much.
Drazhar :p

But for Nids, since it's available on Tyrannofexes and Carnifexes, you can take a bunch of those and push MCs at people, like Nid fluff has done since forever. You don't need many T6 2+ save MCs to be really scary tough.

Quote:
2)increasing synapse range a joke? It's on the same level as other primaries powers plus it allows slower beasties to control faster units like Hormagaunts or Raveners without relying on wings.
It's pretty bad - it's nice to have on one or two dudes, but as a Primaris? I'd rather have useful powers than giving all my units Synapse three times over.

Quote:
3) most armies have sparse AP2 weapons. Bids have more than most due to the amount if MC's one can bring to the table.
True dat, and Nids have always been about torrent anyway. You don't *need* AP2 when you can roll a million dice.

Quote:
4) grenades are an option on Warriors. A great place if you ask me. If nods had grenades everywhere they would be more expensive in points and then it would lose the swarm factor.
Warriors are crap, but point on the swarm factor.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome