Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Heresy Online Ownership Change
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-16-13, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Jezlad
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Heresy Online Ownership Change

By now you will probably be aware of the sites downtime over the past day or so and wondering "what happened this time?"

Well, I'm pleased to say this will probably be our last ever prolonged downtime. Never again will I come grovelling to you guys asking for forgiveness for some amateur mistake that nuked several thousand posts and made everything look funny. Never again will those pesky Russians meddle with our server and expose my lack of web savvy!

Why you ask?

Simply put, Heresy-Online has been "acquired" by Verticalscope, a well known and professional web community management company. From this point forward the guys from Vertical Scope will be leaning on their expertise and handling all of the technical aspects of forum management. Expertise I might add that they've honed through running hundreds of forums like ours. The site and all of its files have been moved from their old location and now sit safely on VS's own fast servers.

Selling Heresy like this isn't a decision I've taken lightly, it's taken many years and many long hours pondering the right move to reach this decision but in light of the hacking of last year and us being a gnats cock away from losing everything I feel it's in the sites best interest to move into the Vertical Scope family where things like "backups" and other baffling events will take place on a more regular basis.

Verticalscope have assured me that there will not be massive changes to the way things are handled around here, the longevity and growth of Heresy-Online is their main concern and they've permitted myself and the current team to stay around and maintain their usual roles within the forum. The rules will remain the same, the way the staff control the site will remain the same and most important of all I'll have more time to talk about Father Nurgle having his filthy way with Megan Fox. Huzzah! On a more serious note, if I had any doubts about Vertical Scopes ability to serve this site long into the future I wouldn't be writing this message, for once, the future of Heresy is a little less Grim Dark and a little brighter!

In closing I'd just like to say a little personal thanks to every single person that ever contributed to this site, you all (yes even those I spanked into the banned usergroup) are dear to me and collectively make up the foundations of our great community.

Onwards and upwards from here.

Jez

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome