Predictions Section
Tyranid Rumored Release
Predicted Release: November 2013

Codex Information
Author:
State:

General Information

New Rules

• Altered FOC to help counter the lack of Allies. 3 HQ, 4 Elite, 6 Troop, 4 Fast, 4Heavy.
  • Purchasing the 3rd HQ choice unlocks the extra Elite, Fast, and Heavy slots.
  • Two new Tyranid psychic powers lists. One list is destructive powers, one is augmentive powers.
HQ

• Tervigon – Upgrade options for Termagant spawns to give them full options, but they are quite pricy.
Elites

• Hiveguard: new weapon upgrade option (available to a handful of units) that grants skyfire with an "enhanced ability" to ground FMCs.
  • Lictors – small point increase, gain new “Surprise!” rule (all shots against Lictors the turn after they appear are snap shots). DeathLeaper now an upgrade character.
  • Pyrovore gains Torrent and a steep points reduction.
  • Ymgarl Genestealers - Special arrival rule is shared with the Lictor, may now purchase standard Genestealer biomorph upgrades.
Troops

• Termagants – Gain Fleet. New 10 unit box. Includes options for Spike rifles and Strangleweb. Curled tails. No rippers on sprues.
Dedicated Transport

Fast Attack

• Harpy – big overhaul. New model/dual-combo kit, Flying Monstrous, Sonic Screech combines with Vector striking. Additional Spore Mine Cysts may be purchased as upgrades. Default Stranglethorn has new upgrade options.
  • New Flyer - Fast Attack choice, the alternative build for the Harpy kit.
Heavy Support

• Carnifex - significant cost reduction
Special Characters

New Units

• "BIG BUG" – Larger than Tervigon sized HQ unit. Oval base, hunched over, but wider. Has 18” synapse. Psyker 4. Prime version: Grants FNP and Counter Attack to Nids in 12.” Stats like Tervigon, except 2A. SitW
Model Releases

• Harpy - "Roughly the size of the Heldrake. Pretty much looks liek the picture in the current codex."
  • Tyranid Prime (Finecast)
  • Doom of Malantai (clamshell package)
  • Parasite of Mordrax (clamshell package)
  • Termagant sprues recut for more options (some chatter says Genestealers)
  • Mycetic Spore
  • Tyrant Guard and Hive Guard -Dual-build plastic kit. 3 models. All options for either unit.
  • "Large plastic monstrous creature" - "the new kit in comparison to the Tyrannofex will have similar size ratios as the Wraithknight to the Wraithlord"
Updates
Added Rumors from BoLS: 20 Aug 2013

See less See more
#386 ·
To be fair, removing all dedicated transports and taking away mycetic spores might actually make that a balanced compromise. It may be something added on to adrenal glands - 'gets furious charge and can assault when they come in from reserve'. It would explain why they are so very expensive for stealers and hormogaunts...

#388 ·
So after getting to see a copy of the codex as it arrived (i couldn't purchase it yet) I have to say that I am a bit sad in some ways. I didn't get a thorough look at the book as I went for the bestiary and wargear/points lists and skipped the first part of it. I think I have to let it sink in a bit before I can make a proper commentary on how the book looked.

I can say that there are some interesting things they did with it, but on the other hand what we lost does hurt the army in ways.

#389 ·
Every single "I've got the codex, ask me questions" thread I've seen has failed to ask the single most important question that knocks on onto *every* other aspect of the army.

How do the three new instinctive behaviours work, and how does synapse work now?

Every other change is secondary to that, in my opinion...

#394 ·
Wow, people still read BoK?

Seriously, he contradicts himself in the same sentence when describing melee weapons, refers back to things he hasn't written, and claims the Trygon has gone up in cost to 190pts.

He also can't structure a sentence without making my brain hurt. I'll just wait til saturday, thanks.

#395 ·
Seriously, he contradicts himself in the same sentence when describing melee weapons, refers back to things he hasn't written, and claims the Trygon has gone up in cost to 190pts.
One to avoid then? :laugh:

#396 ·
Synapse is functioning under the rules of 12' range and gives Fearless. INculdes the synapse creature under its affect. Auto rally when entering synapse range.

As for the instinctive rules. I can't remember all of them but I can try and create a list from memory ( as spotty as that is).

I do remember that Feed has a roll of a 6 causing wounds on the unit and then they assault a close enough unit( pretty sure it was enemy) and gains rage.

#397 ·
I figured feed would be similar to what Rippers do; eating themselves. Hunt is likely similar to what feed used to be and lurk should be mostly unchanged. But that is mostly guestimation and if you roll to determine what happens on a failed test, I could be only partially right.

#398 ·
Essentially you roll based on what chart the unit uses. "Feed" "Lurk" or "Hunt" and based on what you roll, 1-3, 4-5, 6. Then a specific result takes place. Lurk is mostly go to ground and cover fire or retreat. The hunt ones seem to be a weird set of just prowling around. The feed one is more toward heading toward trouble and getting killed/killing things.

#401 ·
Advertising a new (at present, unreleased) GW product on a sharing site is fairly well frowned upon by both Heresy and more importantly, the GW Legal Team.

#403 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.