Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Need help with doubles list
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-25-13, 07:42 AM
Nordicus
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Hi and welcome back to the game! I'll gladly give some feedback, but just take it with a grain of salt - Everyone plays their army in a certain way after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Rahl View Post
5 csm - melta gun - 85
Rhino - 35
5 csm - melt gun - 85
Rhino - 35
6 csm - flamer, x5 Additional ccw - 103
Rhino - 35
I would probably combine two of these to be a 10 man squad. When you have squads of 5, they break easily and, in case of a Purge the Alien scenario, they are very easy kill points.

3 bikes -x2 plasma guns - 100
Same as above really, it's a very small squad for a 1500 point game. They can be mowed down pretty fast and it only requires 1 to be killed to force a leadership check.

Vindicator - Havoc launcher - 132
Predator - x3 Lascannons - 140
I haven't used these personally, as I prefer to use Havocs/Obliterators for Lascannons and heavy weapons myself. I find vehicles, unless they have either cover or invulnerable save, to be pretty squishy in 6th.

An idea would, perhaps, be to drop the Vindicator and get 2 Obliterators with Mark of Nurgle instead of the Predator. After all, your comrade has both pieplate and a monstrous creature to make up for the Vindicators heavy artillery. The 132 points you can use on additional bikes and maybe some additional marines, so you could have 2 x 10?
I don't see a warlord in your army either. Are you playing as allies or simply two parts of the same army, using his Daemon Prince as warlord?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome