Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Backpacking across the States.
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 11-22-13, 01:10 PM
The Son of Horus
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

There aren't moose in the Appalachians. There are, however, black bears people have been feeding in spite of the signs that say not to (which makes them dangerous) and hillbillies hopped up on meth. Both will have their way with you. The bear might even remember your name afterwards. You're more than welcome to go wander around backwoods West Virginia/Southwest Pennslyvania/Northeast Kentucky without a gun, but don't blame me if you get raped by meth heads or a bear thinks you've got (or are) munchies for him.

Don't kid yourself about bears. Or moose, actually, but again, no moose in Appalachia. There's a reason that you can be charged with trespassing on federal land if you DON'T have a fairly high-caliber gun on you in the Pacific Northwest.

And there was totally discussion about hiking across the country early in the thread. I just wanted an excuse to post a joke about hitchhiking since it was applicable here, even though the issue had been discussed already... *grumbles something about ruining my fun...*

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome