Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Necromunda Space Marine Scout (Gang) Testers Needed!

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Arcweaver 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, I've spent the afternoon putting together a One Man Space Marine Scout 'gang', I need Beta Testers (I would do it my self but I don't have anyone to test it on :( ) so here it is.

Starting Profile: M 5, WS 4, BS 4, S 4, T 4, W 3, I 5, A 3, Ld 9
Max Profile: M 6, WS 7, BS 7, S 6, T 6, W 6, I 7, A 6, Ld 10

Starting Equipment: Astartes Bolter, Astartes Bolt Pistol, Astartes Combat Knife, Astartes Scout Armour, Krak Grenades, Frag Grenades, Mono-sight, Respirator, Photo-visor, Infra-red Goggles

Starting Skills: Catfall, Escape Artist, Hip Shooting, Infiltration, Killer Reputation, Nerves of Steel, True Grit

Astartes Bolter: Short 0-18 (+1), Long 18-36, Str. 5, Damage D3, Save Mod -2, Ammo Roll 3+
Astartes Bolt Pistol: Short 0-12 (+2), Long 12-24, Str. 5, Damage D3, Save Mod -2, Ammo Roll 3+
Astartes Combat Knife: Str. As user, Damage D3, Save Mod -1, Parry
Astartes Scout Armour: Save 4+

‘Gang’ Rating: 1000+XP

Biotics: He may gain any Biotics for Free but only if he needs them (If he loses a Leg he may get a free Biotic Leg).

Starting XP: 60 (Note that an Astartes [Even a Scout] will have more XP but that would not make any room for Advancing)

Astartes Advance Table:
1-2: New Random Skill (From any Table)
3-10: +1 to any Characteristic (Including Movement)
11-12: New Random Skill (From any Table)

Territory: He starts with one Territory (Re-rolling Settlement, Mine Workings and Holstead) this is his base of operation and doesn’t generate Income, nor can he use Tunnels or Vents, its only for if someone steals his territory.

Income: He doesn’t generate income and may not recruit more Members.

Capture: Although he may not be captured (see Escape Artist) he may capture others, if this happens the other player must make an Initiative test with a -1 penalty for his Gang Leader (if the Gang Leader is Captured then use the gang member that would be next in line for gang leader) to attempt to rescue him (this represents the difficulty of finding the Scouts base), if he succeeds he may attempt to rescue him, if he fails then the Ganger is either sent to become a Scout (if he is lucky) or is Killed (Either way he is treated as killed for campaign purposes).

Strike & Fade: At the start of a turn after a turn that an enemy was 'killed' he may voluntarily route.

If you have any questions then please don't hesitate ask.

See less See more
#2 ·
Are you intending to filed him as a 1man gang? if so, he may be overpowered to start with purely from the 3+ armour save. I'm not currently in any campaign (or playing necro at all while i concerntrate on my templars) so cant test him for you.

You should certainly start himj further up the XP tree though given the amount of kit and skills he has, also he shouldnt have a territory. Run him as an individual or a gang but not both. - look at the spyrers and how OP they are

The difficulty would be ensuring he doesnt start OP and remain OP....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.