Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - The Arms Race that is Killing 40k
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 10-31-13, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
CJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
So it's becoming increasingly apparently that you know fuck all about 40K.

Space marines are super soldiers they are no where near the best of the best.

Genestealers destroy them
Necron warriors weapons are more than capable of wiping them.
the tau are more then capable of beating them.
Plenty of astartes die to eldar as well.
Orks are also more than capable of wiping astartes as well.

They win because of they can shoot straighter and hit first allot of times. But other than that they die. Because they don't fight smart. Nearly every space marine novel goes like this.

Bad guys appear,
space marines respond,
fight to a standstill
war begins to turn against them.
war turns in their favor due to a wildcard.
war is won by a tactical strike.

Cain never charges into battle alone, he always ensures he has troops around him. He also chooses his engagements and he always tries to find a way out.

In the greater good cain dropped his weapons when confronted by that battlesuit. A space marine would never have done that.
It in turn caused the tau and the imperium to gain a truce.
Wow someone just became a child.

I'd like to fire back with some inappropriate nonsense about your knowledge of a fake universe, but really I don't care enough.

Last post about Martins popularity: 50 shades of grey was also a highly successful book series too, doesn't mean it isn't literary crap and it doesn't mean the masses are right.

Back on the titled subject. I just don't care to see the primarchs or any other character for that matter, going super saiyan to best their foe. Shooting energy blasts that can kill entire squads just because it is cool.

I see it now, the rematch between Sang and Ka'Bandha. The fighting is brutal, neither seems to be gaining the upper hand, then Sang taps into his innermost fury his radiance shining as the energy that empowers the emperor flows through him, and his hair turns all spikey and Ka is now as weak as a child, the pure wrath coming from the Saiy-I mean primarch can not be matched, and he breaks the daemons back.

That could happen...I'd even put $5 that something very similar to that happens, no bullshit.

I don't want that. I hope when writing the Battle of Tera, and all 40k novels, our authors have more creative ingenuity than our beloved characters gaining extra pixy powers.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome