Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

So what does your hobby area look like?

3K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  gothik 
#1 · (Edited)
Well the title is pretty self explanitory I think. What does your little slice of hobby heaven look like?

I'll start off with mine:
I'm someone who doesn't necessarily advertise my hobby to everyone who comes around. This little setup works great for that. (Also an easy way to give it an cleaned up look, to keep the missus from grumblin')

Nothing to see here!

Voila! The lower parts hold space for all the terrain pieces, hobby materials and gaming accesoires.

And for when I want to feel less like a hermit and need a bit more hobby mobility:

Now show me yours!

See less See more
#3 ·
This here is my overcrowded work area.

Underneath the unit on the left is crammed with boxes of stuff to do. Same with the right hand unit, which also houses my codex's and WD's
Under the table is a fuckton of bitz boxes and more stuff to work on.

#5 ·
I've just cleared out my old area: a cramped and overwhelmed desk, filled with dust and models/painting materials, roleplaying games bmanuals and the like...ù_ù
Now i'm trying to mantain an idea of tidyness in my new small desk. I sense this feat is doomed to fail...

#6 · (Edited)
@Tawa:
Sooo... that despicable me minion is a proxy for a dread? :grin:

@Khorne's fist
I got mine from here: http://www.hobbyzone.pl/en/ It's a Polish company who make these thing quite cheap and you have several sizes and customization options as well. I have the professional paint station; quite durable, simple construction and does what it needs to do: so for me it comes highly recommended!

@neferhet:
I know right? Even with this setup I keep putting stuff everywhere around the house... Bad Matcap!

#9 ·
#7 ·
I've recently changed mine and although it's not quite finished, here it is:

But this is not just any table, behold it's secret:

The top pivots on one corner and the front hinges down to reveal my now permanent work space so my computer desk is not constantly cluttered by my minis. My paints are all separated into colors etc When I'm done I simply leave it all as is, put the front back up and slide the top back over and to the casual glance you don't notice the hinges. Once I end up piling shit up on the top surface you won't even notice them. However at the moment my computer desk is still my main work space until I can get a spare screen rigged above the new desk so I can connect my ipad to it and have my distractions playing while I paint.

It's over engineered to fuck as I'm not the best with building things sometimes so it generally gets made very solidly to make up for the lack of a subtle design.

#11 ·
Yeap sure did. Designed (badly), built (poorly) and modfied (quite well) by me in my front garden. With the exception of the two actual work surfaces and a couple of the bolts all the materials are recycled from various other things (my old bed base and current bed base being the main ones). Doing it this way, while making it cheaper does make things harder. My flatmate, who builds custom furniture as part of his job, always finds it amusing when I try and build things as it never ends up how I first imagined them. I have a rather, ah, shall we say "fluid" approach to building things.

#23 ·
The only thing I'm really missing is a decent hobby lamp with a daylight bulb.
I used to have one, but it gave me eye ache..... :unsure:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.