Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - insomnia is fun!
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-23-13, 07:06 PM
andygorn

IIRC(?) isn't an appendix is something that humans needed in the past as it enabled us to eat wood and stuff like that...we're still born with them now, but we forgot how to use them so long ago that they're just redundant.
If that can happen to us then yeah, I can't see a reason why it wouldn't have happened to others too.

I'm not sure about a hive mind thing, because wouldn't it mean that the individual would need to give up some element of self-determination and freewill in order to access it..?
Do you mean people would be able to access some kind of Mind-Wikipedia?
What sort of reasons and/or benefits do you think there might be for doing it?

I'm fascinated by a human-machine interface (is there a guy with a robotic arm somewhere?).

In the more recent future, is it more likely that humans look at something like finding out how to access the bits of our brain that we don't use?

Urgently trying to trace any living relatives of Private Sam/Samuel "Jock" Wilson (Black Watch, No. 6 Commando, UK Army Service ID 2764432, died 10.06.44). Any info/suggestions gratefully received.

"Mockles! Pent on silpen tree, blockards three a-feening. Mockles! What silps came to thee, in thy pantry, dreaming?"

Please check out the HOES (Heresy Online Stories) threads and vote for the tales.
More feedback = better stories for everyone.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome