Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - What got you into Warhammer 40,000?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-23-13, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Silens

Silens's Flag is: Wales

Default What got you into Warhammer 40,000?

I got into 40K at the age of 14(ish). Me and a friend were walking through Cardiff together and we passed Games Workshop. Now he already played 40K a little bit, so this was a bigger shock for me than him. He told me that he and his brothers played this wonderful game with tiny men and that if we went in then they'd let us have a trial game if we asked nicely.

Sure enough, Games Workshop staff were nice enough to let us get hooked on the game so we'd give them all of our money. This was back at the end of 4th edition so we played the Battle for Macragge(?) started set. He was marines, I was nids. I whooped his ass! Our stories differ; he believes he actually got a turn before I'd destroyed near enough his entire army. In fairness, it was probably balanced a tad in my favour as the new kid and my Hormagaunts tore apart his Dreadnought whilst the termigaunts blew apart his marines. I believe I had a carnifex which destroyed a tank but I'm not 100% sure about this.

I've been a 40K nerd ever since.

So what about you? Share your little story about how/why/when/where/theother'h's you got into 40K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
"Look they got a-OH MY GOD I'M ON FIRE FOR THE LOVE OF NAKED SANTA IT HURTS!"

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome