Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Help Finishing 1500 Points of IFs
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-21-13, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
ntaw

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pestilice View Post
What about a Thunder Fire Cannon?
I have considered this, but am still on the fence. Mostly because:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pestilice View Post
What do you mostly face on the battlefield when playing your local group?
I don't face horde armies. Most often, MEQ in the form of other marines or chaos marines. On occasion I face IG, Tau, and Necrons, but not often enough to warrant buying a new model for such an occasion to arise. I've been contemplating changing the arms on the Dreadnought to accommodate a higher rate of fire. What do you think of that idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabre View Post
Have you considered turning your Rhinos into Lascannon Razorbacks?
I could easily do this, as the Rhinos are on loan from my BA and I have pretty much two of every turret aside from las/plas (only one until I really want to make another) and heavy flamers (none. I think this is a bad option). My thing with using the Rhinos was to keep the squads at full strength, it's hard enough not getting squads that large wiped away by Heldrakes or Vindicators.

Quote:
the Razorbacks will give you some anti tank that you're lacking
-OR- I could use two five man devastator squads, one MLs and one LCs. What do you think of that option? Keep in mind I have 130 points to spare here, more if I drop half of the ML Devs.

Quote:
I'd suggest kitting the Tacticals with meltagun/Missile Launcher
Even if I'm not combat squadding them? I get two weapons shooting out of the top hatch, so if I'm not mobile that turn I can still take a heavy weapon shot. Plus I really use transports to hinder LoS if they make it to the late game objective grabs.

Quote:
like on the Aegis (someone has to man it)
The Devastators will be manning the ADL. Tank Hunter with a twin-linked skyfire/interceptor weapon? Yes fucking please.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome