Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Death Guard & The Angels of Ecstasy: A story of filth and debauchery
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-15-13, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
whittsy

whittsy's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awfun View Post
If you haven't seen this already then allow me to introduce you to Papa Nurgle himself
Hey Awfun, and fellow heretics. As a matter of fact I have seen his work and admire it a lot. Unfortunately I am not that way gifted in the artistic side of things, but I try to put my own into my minis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintspirit View Post
perhaps its face could be made a bit more detailed
Saint, I know what you mean, but from a distance, it looks decent enough (for my standards anyway - but i am always trying to improve my painting with each mini)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
My only suggestion would be to add a bit more colour to the base - it might just be the light but it looks very flat compared to the model. A quick drybrush over basing material does wonders to bring out the detail.
Varakir, I did this base, along with my cultists, with GW sand and tufts of grass. Since then I have been using the Stirland Mud texture paint. It's on the list to scrape off and re-do with the paint to fit it into the scheme of my army.

Thanks Khorne, Wookie and Blighted for the comments. Appreciate it. More pictures to come today.

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

Deathguard PLOG: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129438

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome