Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Quotes for our time.
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-07-08, 10:05 AM
Inquisitor Aurelius

Inquisitor Aurelius's Flag is: Canada

Hey, someone else who's seen Equilibrium! I thought I was the only one. Anyway, here are a few:

"There are no saints, only sinners. From such crooked wood as that which man is made, nothing straight can be fashioned."
-Emmanuel Kant

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence."
-Erich Fromm

"Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else."
-Siddhartha Gautama (better known as the Buddha)

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned."
-also Siddhartha Gautama

"Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace."
-more SG

"In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true."
-yet more SG

"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared."
-still more SG

There are probably thousands more (translated) quotations from the Buddha that I could dig up, and all just as relevant, but I reckon I'll stop here. Still, I encourage any- and everyone to add their own, Buddha-related or not. A good thread, this.

Four Colditz salads and a Hermann Goering.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome