Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Popularity of Aliens - Need more Divergence?
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-25-13, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Words_of_Truth

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Oh of course I understand that, I have loads of ideas like that but as neilbatte said, space marines have the interchangeable kits about, like space wolves, black templars, dark angels, blood angels.

There's very little if anything like this for other armies which means you have to sacrifice a great deal of money to take your ideas for example tyranid hunting dark eldar just for the little components to add that fluff and originality to your legion. There's very little basic variations to go with is what I'm trying to get at. I understand taking an idea and making it happen but I have to say it's a lot harder to do that with a xenos force than it is space marines. I could come up with multiple variations of space marine chapters (Scythes of the Emperor using HH Death Guard bits for example?) that wouldn't leave me out of pocket because I'd be able to use every bit of the additional set in some shape or form.

P.S That Dark Eldar / Tyranid thing is a badass idea btw

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome