Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - The new 1K word stories
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 09-23-13, 03:06 PM
The Scion of Chemos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakwanar View Post
To The Scion of Chemos

Just to clarify things - New G&F - already read; Malodrax - already read
Talon of Horus; Stormcaller; Wolf of Sigmar, Master of Death - will not be released in 5 months period
And new news - Warmaster (Gaunt Ghosts) was postponed till July 2014 - Dan has too many projects and simply can't write faster.
And in the next 5 months we will have 4 anthologies, 4 Limited (OMG) , 67 SHORT STORIES, 10 reprints
Now go figured - how is that better when last years
So, "new" and "new to you" are different. Those two aren't on general release, so I would still consider them to be upcoming.
I am going off of Amazon, who is not ALWAYS correct with their release info, as well as(in all of my experience) stuff usually comes out on BLs site roughly a month early, or so. So that would put those releases at 5-6 months or so? As well as if they have any event or are at any event, they will likely have that stuff early, and since you seem to get everything a decent bit early, they are still relatively "soon".
Dan does write A LOT of stuff, so I can definitely see why they would want to push it back.

What 4 anthologies and what 4 limited editions?
I only know of "There is Only War" as an upcoming anthology.
And as far as limited editions, the Gamesday short story anthology and Tallarn. What other ones are there?
I somehow doubt you know the exact number of short stories coming out in the next 5 months. Is that just a guesstamite seeing as how they have 1 a week, plus the rest of those leading up to the weekender?
I honestly don't see most reprints as a bad idea(I don't see the point in the "Classics" range, as you can get the omnibus for the same price), but I got into BL in 2011 or so, so the reprints can be a blessing for some of the newer fans.

Plus, BL likes to withhold info until the last minute, so they may well release some good stuff at random.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome