Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Quotes for our time.
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-06-08, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Pandawithissues...

Pandawithissues...'s Flag is: England

Default Quotes for our time.

This is an idea i've had for a while. People, just put up your favourite quotes, particularly if they're socially relevent.

If the thread gets good i'll sticky it.

Make sure to attribute the quotes as best you can.

I'll get it started with a few good ones I like personally at the moment:

'I do not know with what weapons WW3 will be fought, but I know world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones' - Albert Einstein

'Quantity has a quality all its own' - Stalin

'100% of the shots you don't take don't go in' - Wayne Gretzky

'Would you like me to give you a formula for... success? It's quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure. You're thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn't at all... you can be discouraged by failure -- or you can learn from it. So go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because, remember that's where you'll find success. On the far side' - Founder of IBM Thomas Watson

'Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results' - George Patton

'Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for' - Will Rogers

'Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right' - Henry Ford

'You see things; and you say 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?'' - George Bernard Shaw

'The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man' Also GB Shaw

'Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up' Jesse Jackson

'A man's feet must be planted in his country, but his eyes should survey the world' - George Santayana(SP?)

'Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.' Another Shaw one

'Patriotism is easy to understand in America; it means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country.' - Calvin Coolidge

Death magnetic: 5 slabs of vinyl: Pure spinning ecstasy.

Last edited by Pandawithissues...; 07-06-08 at 07:07 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome